Wondering why your website has no effect on your business? Why there is almost no to zero traffic? Your website could be one of those sites that look like they haven’t been updated since the 90′s. Out of color, full of ads and very basic in appearance.
About 75% of the visiting websites judge the business on the appearance of the website.When you don’t use a high quality website with a good, professional design, you are putting forth an ugly face of your business online.
Below are a few things you can change to make your website look more professional than it does right now:
* Outdated Content: If your about us page or any other main page hasn’t been updated for years, it can cause issues. Visitors want fresh, good quality information and they don’t want to feel like you have neglected the content on your website. You want to make sure all of your content is updated regularly to ensure it matches up with the truth about your company. A person with good writing skills can help you achieve this.
* Poor Mobile Experience: Today almost everyone uses a smart phone and prefer using almost everytging throught that. If you’re website is not smartphone enabled or is of poor features when used on mobiles, you will immedeatley see a drop of clients and traffic on your website. Even Google finds this important as a bad mobile design will hurt you in the rankings. Make sure you hire a quality web designer to ensure you’re providing a good mobile experience for clients.
* Too Many Ads: It may seem like yiu’re earning quite a lot form advertisements solely but you should be careful that you do nt put up too many ads which makes the visitors irritated.make sure your ads blend in with the site and naturally look like a part of your website. It’s best to use advertising that isn’t intrusive, such as pop-up or exit ads. This can make your website appear cheap and unprofessional.
* Stock Pictures: When you use better images you took yourself or had a professional create, it will make your website look far better. Stock images seem good but they never have that sort of an impact as compared to the ones your yourself have taken or hired a professional for.
* Broken Links: You can count this as one of the most annoying things to happen when you are trying to access products of sites or brands recommended by the website. Make surr that the links you give out are not broken. This is a simple fix, however. You can use one of many tools, extensions or plugins to find and fix broken links.